Presenter Orientation, Support and Training Manager
Onsite Training Development & Presenter Support
Course Notes Co-ordinator
The TTA story so far…
TTA is an independently owned and operated Australian organisation established to provide high quality professional development courses for Australian teachers. TTA began offering courses in NSW schools in October 2005. Since then we have run over 500 courses across all curriculum areas with participants from all educational sectors, at both primary and secondary school level. We currently have 80 active presenters operating in NSW and Victoria. We are an endorsed Professional Development provider with the NSW Institute of Teachers (Scope of endorsement – all elements of the professional teaching standards). All courses meet the Institute of Teachers standards of professional practice for registration renewal for teachers registered in Victoria. We are a Registered Professional Development provider with PDi.
The TTA philosophy
- We believe that teachers presenting Professional Development are highly professional individuals providing profound learning and experience to their fellow teachers, and subsequently to the students of those teachers.
- We believe that presenters should be paid well for their work, to ensure that they feel valued and continue to contribute their services to other teachers.
- We believe that our presenters should be motivated to provide the highest quality courses to the greatest number of recipients. We like to view the presenter as both a valued member of the TTA group, and the controller of what is effectively his or her own small enterprise.
- We believe in providing flexible work opportunities for both presenters and Learning Advisors.
- We believe that the quality of our courses should be transparent to those considering attending – thus our publicly displayed feedback system.
- We believe that good presenters should spend their time and energy creating and sharing their expertise, and not doing marketing, photocopying, accounting or sales.
How does the TTA system work?
- TTA presenters deliver high quality, Institute endorsed professional development to Australian teachers.
- TTA Learning Advisors ensure the quality and relevance of all TTA courses for the classroom teacher.
TTA undertake the following tasks to support each course:
- Approval and endorsement of courses.
- Marketing of courses to schools.
- Process course enrolments, invoicing and billing.
- Arrange Venues, Catering and all other course logistics.
- Provide general reception and support to presenters and participants to ensure that courses run smoothly and successfully.
- TTA shares course revenue 50/50 with presenters.
Are you a teacher who shares your expertise with your colleagues? Do you know a teacher that has expertise to share? We would love to hear from you.