This course provides teachers with a comprehensive insight into requirements for commencing teaching Stage 6 PDHPE Preliminary content. Participants will unpack the requirements for effectively commencing teaching Preliminary content and begin their personal planning process.
New teachers of NSW Stage 6 Preliminary PDHPE
2.1.2 Proficient Level - Know the content and how to teach it - Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area. Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
$349 + GST - Individual Enrolment
Do you teach in NSW? If so, this is relevant to you:
Preliminary PDHPE- content basics
1 hour and 30 minutes
- Introduction of presenter and participants and overview of the day- Stage 6 Preliminary PDHPE structure is examined with suggested scope and sequences for teaching of units of work being modelled.
- Content for core modules and options are explored with a focus on highlighting material that is important as it transfers or continues into the HSC course.
- Some T/L strategies are modelled for teaching aspects of this content as well as resources that can be used.
- Suggested resources are highlighted
Delivery will be presentation style, allowing ample opportunities for questions and discussion.
Delivery will be presentation style and small group work allowing ample opportunities for questions and discussion.
Preliminary PDHPE- assessment basics and routines for HSC preparation
1 hour and 30 minutes
- What are the new Stage 6 PDHPE assessment requirements?
- What should an internal assessment schedule look like?
- What makes a good assessment task? Samples of tasks are reviewed to determine this.
- How do you determine ROSA grades?
- What practices should you establish early on to assist HSC preparation?
Delivery will be a mixture of presentation style, discussion and small group work
Preparing for your own teaching
Participants will be given the opportunity to work collaboratively to design either innovative T/L strategies for Stage 6 Preliminary PDHPE content or an assessment task in small groups. These will be presented to the group and collated so they can be taken back to use in the classroom.
What To Bring
Club York Sydney
Level 2, 99 York St
Club York is part of the Bowlers Club, with an entrance beside the Club. Take the lift to Level 2. A couple of buildings from the corner of Market Street, on the left-hand side heading towards Circular Quay. Middle of CBD.
5 min. walk from Town Hall Station, through Queen Vic. Building to Market St.
Buses from George or York Streets. Market Street is the closest stop.
Visit Transport NSW to plan your trip.
Available underneath the Club. Entrance Secure Parking 168 Clarence Street (back of building).
COVID-19 Event Information
All TTA venues continue to work with advice provided by the NSW Health Department in managing the risks associated with the current COVID-19 situation. While the current risk is low, TTA venues will be taking steps to help provide a safe environment for our courses. There will be increased cleaning and disinfecting of all areas, and venues will be providing ample hand sanitiser pumps. While venues will be taking all the care that they can, we also stress the need for course participants to take responsibility for their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around them. If you are not feeling well or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please don’t attend this event. Wash your hands regularly. Avoid shaking hands where possible. Practice cough etiquette, coughing into a tissue or your elbow and washing your hands afterwards. Thank you for your understanding.